According to the Cambridge Dictionary to update is to~
“Make something more modern or suitable for use now by adding new information or changing its design.”
That is a lot to live up to, but I’ll give it a go!
I live in a continual state of updating, whether personal or professional. I think the key is to keep pressing forwards – a blog post here, a red pen edit there, a finished novel here, another red pen edit there, a new blend of coffee here – coffee, did someone say coffee? I’ll admit I am not the best blogger in the world, and as life crowds in my blog gets pushed down the list of ‘to do’s’. The frequency of my posts leaves a lot to be desired, but like any good cookie will tell you (digital not edible), there is always something going on in the background.
So here’s a whistle stop tour of what’s been happening in my world. Who doesn’t love a bullet point or ten?
- Number one son has cancer op – no words, so far so good…
- Number two son starts apprenticeship – Yeah!
- Number three son packed off to uni – bye bye baby…
- Number two dog has foot run over by passing car – emergency trip to vets – thankfully, all is well.
- Number one dog is as lovely as ever and lends a listening ear to my ranting and raving about editing and writing being sooooo hard.
- Number one husband, oh, wait, rephrase that – number one and only husband sorts out garden and digs over impossibly claggy soil whilst I watch and offer (helpful) advice…
- Number three book is almost, almost, so close, nearly, etc. etc.
- Number four book – still a way to go – murder, thriller, contemporary, hide behind the sofa.
- Two of my short stories feature in two anthologies – yeah, go me!
- One week family trip to Norwegian Fjords blows our minds – need to find funds to purchase small Norwegian island!
I could continue, but my bullet points would turn into a whole munitions factory and no one wants that! My emotions have been charged, blown fuses and recharged. Am I more modern or suitable for use than at the beginning of the year? I’ll let you make up your own mind…