Books are precious, just like love. You do not need a special day to tell or show someone you love them just like you don’t need a special day to read a book.
As an author who likes to put a bit of romance into whatever I write this is my fun take on books for every lovely day:
- Me before you – Jojo Moyes – If you still have not read this then you absolutely must! No, do not watch the film- read the book! It is full of so much joy and sadness. Have your hankies at the ready (do people still use hankies?) or your shirt sleeve or whatever and do not – I repeat do not be afraid to cry.
- Everything I know about love – Dolly Alderton – This is a funny and sometimes sad autobiography about the trials and tribulations of growing up. Dolly Alderton is a former Sunday Times dating columnist. She has been there, got the t.shirt, worn it with pride and then thrown it in the bin! It is a book about bad dates, moments of madness (we’ve all been there!), and how in spite of it all, we need to be accepting of who we are. I loved this book and related to it on many levels! A laugh out loud read. It shows you are not as alone as you may think!
- The keeper of lost things – Ruth Hogan – A beautifully written tale of love, loss, grief and what it means to be human.
- Love in the time of cholera – Gabriel Garcia Marquez – One of my all-time favourite books. It is a tale of love that has waited over fifty years. I sit envious of this authors ability to conjure up such beauty with his words. A book which is a must for everyone – there I’ve said it!
- Strictly between us – Jane Fallon – Who doesn’t like a light-hearted bit of chick lit? A fun, laugh out loud read. A great selection of flawed imperfect characters well written. This is a light read perfect with a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit!