I expect the same from my holiday reading as I do from my holiday. I want it to be fun, enjoyable, and occasionally, something that gets my heart racing! Holiday reads can be fast paced or tear jerkers, above all, they must engage me. As long as I don’t have to concentrate too hard, then they have served their purpose. I want my summer reads to be:
- Enjoyably easy going
- Not too serious, let me re phrase that – not too depressing…
- A bit of a roller coaster
- Something I can dip in and out of without needed to do any re reading
- Interesting characters
- Action adventure or romantic mayhem, I really don’t mind .
So, if like me you want your summer reading to be all of the above then read on. Here are my top 5 books for Summer 2016:
- According to Yes by Dawn French – Light, warm and funny.
- The Sister by Louise Jensen – Edge of your seat page turner.
- The Shadow Hour by Kate Riordan – If you like a bit of Gothic mystery this is for you.
- The Girl in The Ice by Robert Bryndza – Crime, detective, serial killer thriller.
- Strictly Between Us by Jane Fallon – Light, enjoyable fun read.
There were plenty of others that could have gone onto my list but…. ah well… this is it! They have all been released in 2016, and, you may be able to download a few for less than the cost of an iced tea! Until next time dear friends Bon Voyage..